About Me

I'm a stay at home mother of 2 adorable children, a daughter of the King, a loyal friend, and a Martha Stewart trainee. :-)

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Snacks: The Unhealthy

Recipe



This was one of my favorite snacks as a kid. My mom made it for us once in awhile. I haven't made it in quite some time; I really don't know why. Maybe I've been trying to be healthy. ;-) This cake is very easy and delicious.

Mix-in-the-pan Chocolate Snack Cake

1 & 2/3 cup flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup water
1/3 vegetable oil
1 tsp. vinegar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350. Mix flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt with fork in an ungreased square 8 x 8 x 2 in. pan. Mix in the remaining 4 liquid ingredients and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Bake until toothpick inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean, about 35 -40 minutes.


For more delicious recipes see The Natural Mommy.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

These sound deliciously bad for you! I'll have to try them;)